02 August 2008

Reward

I see life as simple. Yes a rough patch or two...or a million may happen but when thinking about life there is only one thing that a person truly achieves or would want to achieve. Reward. However large or small a reward is still what it is. A sense of accomplishment and success. A reward means that a person can move one step farther along in their journey of life. That they are on their way through. Which leads me into the hugest reward the average human being thinks about, life after death. I have to admitt that I am highly skeptical of this theory for many reasons but that is a topic for another day.

But in essence for each good deed a person does they are looking for what they concider to be the ultimate reward. Though it may have its perks seeing as you would get to exist for ever in what would seem to be a paradise, I do not see it that way. I see a long long time spend thinking of what could possibly be done with endless time. Really, I mean who needs it. That is why there is a theory of my own for the greatest reward.

To me this reward could never be greater than having that eternal life. It is a smile. Not just any smile though, a smile that means something, that tells you that you have truly brightened up that persons day, a smile that says 'I am glad I know/have known/met You!'. Because with this smile I know that the reason I live was to do that. Be there for that one day and make that person truly happy. To me that is much more than recieving the selfish reward of bordom.

No comments: