29 July 2008

Future

11:11
Maybe this is a good time to finally start doing some college research.
As I slide the latch back on my computer and open the screen I realise that I have yet to think about whay kind of school would interest me. A small liberal arts college might be fun. I could see the plays they put on each year and be able to meet people that are enthused about the performing arts as I some times am. Or I could go to a larger college, one that I could end up going unnoticed, invisible. It would give me time to focus on my studies, work through my boyfriend troubles, and have a job. But whats the college experience without a few parties now and then.
*click, click*
Open internet explorer. I should really look into getting a mac. I hope my baby doesn't crash again. Maybe I'll get a snack.
Okay good, its loaded.
"So Puppy, where should I start?"
My dogs name is Bridget, she's about 9 years old but responds better when you call her 'puppy'.
*click, click, click...www.google.com*
humph
there could have been a sigh or two in there
lets see what my options are.
I quickly type in 'colleges in minneosta' hoping something useful will appear and I get lucky, though not in the sense that the 'get lucky' phrase is normally used. The fourth cite seems to be what I am looking for.
Nevermind, mostly community colleges. There is not anything wrong with them, they are just not for me or my parents for that matter.
Back to google. What if I add 'private' in front of the previous search. Yup that seems to work. again the fourth cite appears promising, lets try again.
A Hit. St Kate's, St Thomas, St Ben's. I might like those.
I give a little inside laugh, who names a college Bethany Lutheran College. Its basicall like saying. I'm and ugly fat minister, come and see what its all about. For a while I feel bad for thinking this, I know a nice girl with that name but come on, it means 'house of figs'. There not such an atractive fruit.
After that diversion of thought I type in St Ben's in Google.
The school looks nice. Though all girls, thats what St John's is for. I like boys, there a lot easier to talk to, especially if it is necessary to rant to someone, and you dont want them to remember everything.
Tuition is not so horrible, that is what jobs are for, to pay for things. And a pool, thats a plus. oh, and I could work in the theater department. I am so almost sold. What do we have for majors?
(to be cont.)

No comments: